mandag den 5. september 2011

It's been a while since my last entry, but believe it or not, I have actually been busy! Well sort of, anyways. Wednesday Becky and I went back to the HHS Center office, to meet up with my coordinator to get my visa extended. In the office I met some of the other au pairs, which was really nice. Becky was amazed by them all! She was running around taking photos with her phone and especially was she impressed with Lindsey, an american, who has blue eyes. Becky turned to me and whispered: "is there something wrong with her eyes?" Bless her, she is adorable. She was so happy despite the fact that her new shoes had given her blisters on her heels and that she was whinging almost the entire way.
In the afternoon we reached the immigration office. Turns out that they can only extend my visa for another month. We spent some time there before heading back, by taxi, because Becky's feet were hurting too much.
We went to KFC for dinner and then to a department store, where we in the toy deparment spent some time. Michelle got really upset about something, hence, Wednesday night was a bit hectic in the Wang household. Michelle was in the living room screaming her soul out, Becky locked in the bathroom crying, and me on my bed, listening to my iPod, while desperately waiting for Becky to vacate the bathroom.

Thursday Michelle started school again, so it was all very quiet during the day. In the evening we went for one of our weekly movie nights watching the Source Code. Turned out to be quite an experience. In the middle of the movie, the screen went pitch black. Next the screen went white. Then all you could see on the screen was something burning, like a piece of paper or something. Everyone turned around looking anxiously whether this was the time to evacuate the cinema or not. The movie continued and it was I good movie, I thought. But Becky was definitely not fond of it! There was too much in the movie she couldn't comprehend.
Of course we had milk tea! The people at the stall actually know me by now.

Friday night I joined the other au pairs for dinner and later briefly for drinks. It was my first night away from the family so I made it an early one. It was good hanging out with people around my age and with the same interests as me. I met some absolutely wonderful people, however, most of them are or have already left.
It makes me a bit sad.

My host dad is always back on the weekends, otherwise he works 100km away so he is only back every other night, but stays all through the weekend. This is why weekends are spent doing family things. Saturday evening we went to Shenzhen Bay Park and rented tandem bikes and biked around. The Chinese might be brilliant at business, at numbers, technology, but they were definitely not made for biking! Becky was controlling our tandem and I was clinging on to my seat. My hands were red. I was terrified. She had no balance what so ever, and had obviously not biked a lot. She kept saying: "don't worry" but I couldn't help it. It was really thrilling when we were going rather fast and a boy jumped out in front of us and Becky couldn't steer the bike around the boy but had to brake really hard. Nothing happened except for my heart beating a gazillion times faster than normally. No serious accident occured though, and we all survived, fortunately!

Then, early Sunday morning Becky woke me up. We were going to the movies to watch Oceans. The Disney movie which was released last year, but which I still haven't watched. It was so amazing, but again neither Becky nor Michelle liked it. After the movie we went to the arcade to play games. Becky wanted to play this dance game of some sort, Michelle was beating everyone's high score on every single machine in an IQ game, and I wanted to race.
So then after having done all of the above, we went for lunch which consisted of frog together with lettuce and  noodles. Lamingtons for dessert and then we ventured to a little fake Dutch village, where we were looking for gold fish. We found them and brought home two turtles too. Just to make it more fun.

And yesterday I set out for another Chinese class. This time we touched upon more political issues. Kaitlyn told us about the US and I told them about Denmark, and it was a really interesting session. I swear I should be given some kind of medal or something from the Danish government for my excellent promotion and representation of Denmark. I was convincing both Kaitlyn, the american and Joe, my Chinese coordinator, to come to Denmark!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar