søndag den 16. oktober 2011

Well, I've had some week this week. It all began with a visit to the doctors, which was the first in 9,5 months, which I personally think is pretty good! My hostmum took me to an international doctor as my Chinese is not yet so developed that I can explain the pains that I have had. Nor is my hostmum's English so developed so that she can understand it if I told her. Anyway, the doctor was really nice and gave me some antibiotics, but this entire thing cost me 2200RMB. Thank God for insurance, hey?

Antibiotics helped, but they also made me really really tired. I had to take them after lunch and dinner, so I pretty much passed out on my bed after dinner Monday night. The following days I had to struggle to keep myself awake until at least 10pm. It was horrible.

Friday arvo I went for a small walk. The weather here in Shenzhen is still really good most of the time, however, it has come to remind me a wee bit of Danish weather. When I sat out for my walk it was overcast and a bit windy, but when I got down to the mainroad the sun was shining and burning me and my completely unecessary cardigan, up. I went to the mall to buy a case for my iPhone. I have a favourite shop, which is absolutely adorable. It sells all kinds of crap, and it's relatively cheap compared to other shops. I also bought a lovely milk tea, of course!

Nobody noticed that I had been gone, which I found quite funny. My hostmum was sleeping in her room the entire time, mind you she went up there at 1-ish and I came back at 4-ish.
After dinner I noticed that my hostmum and Michelle were wearing fancy clothes. Normally they only do this when we are setting out somewhere. I suspected that we might be going somewhere, but we never did, although suitcases were packed and ready to go in the living room.

Saturday morning I woke up at 6.30 upon hearing my hostdad's voice. I didn't pay any attention to it, but just went back to bed. At 8 my hostmum woke me up and asked me if I wanted to come with them to their house in Qingyuan. I said yes, and packed by bag as quickly as I could. We left at 9-ish to Qingyuan and got there at lunchtime. How to explain the sight that awaited me in Qingyuan .. Pretty much, where their house is, is an enclosed area. It is probably best described as a fake suburb. It is exactly like seen in American movies, so an American suburbia. Villas everywhere, but they all look so similar. Their villa is quite big. But my hostdad is not satisfied. He thinks it is small! There are three floors. Big living room/dining room, small kitchen, big guestroom and bathroom on the first floor, big bedroom and bathroom and medium size bedroom and bathroom on second floor, and finally one relatively small room on the thrid floor, with bathroom. There is a massive frontyard too.
Anyway, we went for lunch in the only restaurant there is in the fake suburb (I actually think the area is called countryard orange, or something like that). My hostdad told me that there is a five star hotel too and two 18hole golfcourses. Loads of conferences are held in the hotel, hence quite a few foreigners.
After lunch we drove back to the house and there was a bit of relaxing going on. Turned out that my hostdad had been playing poker, all night and didn't get back until 6.30 in the morning when I heard him. We were supposed to leave Friday night for Qingyuan, but because he was out all night we couldn't. Needless to say that he crashed after lunch and didn't get up until later in the afternoon.
Michelle and I went to the playground and enjoyed some time there before heading back to the house, where she also had a tiny nap, because she was exhausted from playing around and from the slightly fresher air outside the city.
In the afternoon my hostmum cooked dinner, and I helped! I was really happy, because this was the first time that I felt that I was actually being an au pair. Silly as it may sound. It was so lovely sitting down at the round table the entire family together and eating dinner, whereafter I helped my hostmum with the dishes.
In the evening we watched the stars, and I haven't seen a star in two months time, so it was just so incredible. When I went to bed I heard nothing but the sounds of the night. No cars, no buses - ah! It was heaven.

The next day I took my magazine and sat outside in the morning sun reading until Michelle and her dad got back from their little drive and we yet again ventured to the playground and played on the swings. I pity her slightly, because this is what a real childhood should be like. Living in a house, being able to just walk outside whenever you want to, and not having to worry to get run down by a car. I enjoyed this weekend so much because it reminded me of how lucky I am, and because I just really love being in a house compared to an appartment.

We got back yesterday evening after having had a Taiwanese dinner in Dongguan with lovely food, and an ant in my rice (yuk!!). Michelle and I went to buy small fish yesterday when we got back to Shenzhen. I had to carry the tiny aquarium, because it was too heavy for Michelle. I ended up spilling a quarter of the water on  my dress, which made Michelle really upset, because she thought the wish would now die. I do admit it was rather unfortunate, but she was sprinting ahead of me, and then turned around saw how slowly I was walking with the aquarium and then she'd yell at me and tell me to hurry up.
In the lift to 11th floor a lovely guy asked if he could hold it for me. So kind of him! How polite, hey?
We got back and I put the aquariuam on the ground. Note the date: October 16 2011, about 11 fish. How long do you reckon they'll last?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar