mandag den 22. august 2011

Right, so the weekend went by quickly. Just me and Michelle having fun and practising magic and doing other fun stuff.
Yesterday Becky came back to Shenzhen. She came in to my room after lunch and spent a couple of hours with me just talking about everything you can imagine. I like Becky. Right now, she is my only friend here. Her English is far from perfect, but she still manages to get her statements and opinions across. I showed her photos of my friends and family. When I showed her a photo of my brother and his girlfriend and later my niece, she looked at me rather puzzled and asked: "Are they just boyfriend and girlfriend?" When I said yes, she asked whose child it was. I told her that Lykke is their child. She looked at me quite shocked and said: "But they are not married, how can they have a child?" So I had to explain to her how getting married is not necessary to have a child. She was just shocked. She simply could not comprehend how that is possible, which shows the difference between our two cultures.
We then began talking about boyfriends and girlfriends, and she told me that in China first you are friends, then a couple and then you get married. This is why she is in no rush to find a boyfriend because she doesn't want to get married yet. She wants to wait at least another two years. She just turned 18.
This world is so far from mine. I am constantly reminded by the cultural differences. I told Becky that I am too young to even think about marriage now, where to she replied: "But you must find a man who can take care of you." I told her that I can take care of myself, which she found hard to understand. It is so strange how she is almost two years younger than me, but her mindset is light years ahead of mine.
The reason why I really like Becky though, is because she is an ambitious girl. Moreover, she would love to go travelling and explore different places, but she is too scared to go on her own, which is understandable really. To be fair, I don't think she has ever left this country.

Anyway, we were having a really good time talking and I really enjoy her company. However, I certainly did not enjoy it when she began biting her nails and spitting the nails onto my floor. I didn't know how to react. I just kept quiet. But it is really gross. So is it when she showers before me and the bathroom floor is transformed to lake Taupo and her long black hair is everywhere.

After dinner we went to the cinema. As soon as I heard that we were going I went in to my room to grab my iPod and earphones just in case the movie would be in Chinese. Fortunately, it wasn't! It would have been weird watching Nicholas Cage in Season of the Witch in Chinese. I enjoyed the movie, but poor Michelle got scared and I could tell she wasn't enjoying it at all.
Once I got back I felt the urge to Skype my mum and tell her about my first normal movie experience. I was so psyked and the fact that I had watched a new movie too. Of course my joy was shattered when mum told me it had been released on dvd a month ago back home.
After discussing the movie with my mum I discovered that parts of the movie has been censored, which I found quite interesting. Of course the movie came with a milk tea!


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar